Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Xanga-The Facebook of it's Time

With the way Facebook has exploded on the scene as the world's premier way to stay connected with friends and let them know how you're doing, I doubt that many would remember Xanga. In it's hey day, Xanga was like Facebook, without all the farming games. It was a blog, but was mostly used just to update everyone on what you did that day. All your friends were on Xanga too, because at the time the only thing available was MySpace, and it was still getting started. Facebook was only available to a few universities. I remember waiting patiently for Henderson State to finally be accepted as one of the elite schools allowed to use Facebook. Now all of a sudden, anybody can be on Facebook-age and education level unimportant.

I happened to come across my old xanga site (which is still there after 3 years!) the other day and read some of the entries. I had the best time laughing at the crazy things my roommates and I got into while we were in college. I'm so glad I have that. Gives me a glimpse back into what my life was like during my first few years of college. It's amazing how things have changed for me since then. Some changes have been for the better--others I'm still waiting to see if they're really better or not! Life was fun then. Staying up late and getting to hang out with friends every single day. Now life is all about work. Go to bed early-can't be a zombie at work! (even though I sometimes am...) My life revolves around surgery and I plan my life around those precious 3 days a week I am off! I am glad, however, to be working as a nurse now. I went to school for what seemed like an eternity to get this far. I still miss it sometimes, but I know I'm where I need to be. Who knows, I may find myself back in the classroom again in the next year or two...we shall see!

Anyway, I say all of that to say this...I miss Xanga!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment