Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Good News for Allison! Not So Good for Scott...

I saw something on the Yahoo headline feed that caught my eye. For those of you who don't know, I'm kind of a sea turtle enthusiast. I don't study them or anything, I've just always found them fascinating and incredibly cute. Seeing sea turtles in the wild was one of the highlights of my trip to Hawaii last year. This particular sea turtle, Allison, lives in South Padre Island, Texas and is 5 years old (they can live to be 150!). She only has one flipper, which has caused her to only be able to swim in circles until she receieved a "flipper prosthesis." It's actually a black neoprene suit with a carbon-fiber dorsal fin. Apparently it works well, and she is able to swim normally with the other turtles. Good for Allison. What a neat idea. I'm glad someone took the time and effort to give Allison a better chance at a "normal life" for a turtle! If you want to read the full article, you can here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ninja_turtle;_ylt=AgIhiX2z17th7fcHG7ccEWJsaMYA

In other news, I was shown just how wimpy and weak I am today. This is my first week in burn surgery, and I prepped the patient's leg to be worked on. It's amazing how much just a leg can weigh. It took all my strength to lift it and then hold it while the surgeon and scrub tech draped the field. My arm is so sore already, and it will probably be worse tomorrow...I'm going to have to start some strength training or something. I have enough limitations as far as what I can do and can't do. I already know that I won't be able to continue this job forever, I just have too many issues. I just hope I can hang in there as long as I can and I don't get hurt again in the process...

Poor Scott MacIntyre got sent home on American Idol. He was one of my favorites as a person. He seems like a sweet guy, and on the piano he is incredibly talented. I do have to say, though, that his voice was not near the caliber of some of the others in the competition. I loved him and thought he was a cutie pie, but I think the judges were right not using the save on him. There was just no way he was going to beat the (in my opinion) top 3: Adam, Danny, and Allison. I'm not saying these are my favorites, I just feel like the winner will be one of these three. Adam and Allison seem to be in a league of their own if we're basing this solely on vocal skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment